Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hi, I am still here ;-)

It's been almost 2 months since my last post. The things are getting better and better. I am a runner again!
I started to run in a middle of April and I was slowly increasing the mileage. On sunday, 5/10, I ran my first race after injury - 8.5k (5 miles). Very nice race in nature around the "Baba" hill. I set a goal to beat 50 minutes and ... yes, it was easy. I did it at 45:25! Nice. I know it will take a while to get in a better shape, I am happy with what I can do now.
Apart of running I do more cycling than in any years before. This means, I reached 1000km just this week. This is mainly due to the fact I could not run, but anyway. It is good preparation for the season. I raced 12-hour race in April in a hard terrain and did >140km. Not bad.
Swimming is usually my worst training part of the triathlon. Till now I did just about 6km :-(. That's because I have no swimming pool at home ;-).
This weekend I signed for a friendly race/trip/whatever in a size of 1/2 iron. Let's see if I would survive this...

No comments: