Thursday, April 17, 2008

Biking in the rain

Two weeks ago, I have started with biking to and from work. It is quite a long distance (29km = 18 miles), so in the beginning I bike just once a week. This Tuesday it was the third time this year. Next week or maybe after my 1/2 marathon race, I will add more days per week and "officially" start the triathlon training.

This Tuesday it was good exercise of how to bike in the rain and get used to it. Everything was fine in the morning, but I forgot to look at the forecast and at 5pm, when I left work, it just started to rain. "Hm, I don't wait, it could be only worse later", I said to myself. After 5 minutes I was completely wet and started to be cold as well. It may have been the first time I hated downhills and enjoyed uphills - just to get warm. The profile offers me a lot of both:


Exactly following the Murphy's law, it stopped raining just when I arrived home. I was looking for a warm bath, but before that I needed to do a favor to my bike. My path is just partially on streets and more often I follow forest trails. And after the rain, there is a lot of mud everywhere and especially on me and my bike, of course.

Next time I will look at the forecast more carefully ;-).

No comments: