Monday, April 14, 2008

The spring is here

The spring is here, so we decided to do our every year activity of cleaning the forest from the trash. There was a rain on Saturday morning, nevertheless there was more than 20 kids with their parents coming. I never understand, why people throw their garbage in nature. We gathered 8 full big 50l bags!
In the meantime, experienced woodsmen roasted very good "buffalo" meat (the recipe by E.T. Seton) and we prepared a game for all the kids. They were looking for a treasure of a bandit named Lotrando.

The bandit Lotrando

In the evening I ran my longest run in 2008 so far. I wanted to do 20km, but my legs did not. So I ended up with 17km. So far so good. I took a free Sunday, because my legs were still unhappy with what I did to them day before.

I am free as a bird (full of endorphins after a race)

Here I add a nice picture from the race last week. If you do not have a friend to run with you, take your dog. If you get lost, he will always find his way home. In this case to the finish line.

1 comment:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Great picture Ales! and yes, littering baffles my mind, too.
Tonight I biked with Nick - halfway headwind, and halfway tail wind. The tail wind was better.
;-)